Make a Difference in Your Community
- Serve as a volunteer member on one of the LT Boards: Recruitment, Special Events, Program Development, Finance, Communications
- Offer to host one of the programs through donation of food, drinks and other.
- Offer your "expert" services
- Send us your suggestions for enhancing the Alumni Association, getting the grads together, etc.
- Visit Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Government's website to view board and commission vacancies
We are seeking people who would be interested in volunteering a few hours of their time to help with registration for hurricane evacuations. Evacuation procedure is done days before a hurricane is expected to hit the parish; so you would still have time to evacuate yourself.
Terrebonne parish has procured a new system which cross references parents, children, pets, and buses so that we will know where every evacuee is at all times. The electronic system takes only a few minutes and is very simple. No volunteer will work more than six hours.
As you can imagine, we need a number of volunteers to accomplish the evacuation in a brief amount of time.
If you are interested, or know someone who may be, please contact me and I will arrange a time for your training at the OEP office – at your convenience.